sipXecs IP PBX Features - Unified Communications made easy and reliable
SIPX: Official Website : http://www.sipfoundry.org
We think the sipXecs IP PBX is the leading open source IP PBX. It excels in terms of scalability, robustness and ease of use. The sipXecs IP PBX has been successfully deployed in lots of of places. The largest known installation serves more than 6,000 users connected to one redundant (HA) system. Small installations go all the way down to a few users served by very low cost hardware. sipXecs is a very sophisticated VoIP unified communications system. Thanks to its powerful Web based management system it is so incredibly easy to use, which is probably its single most important accomplishment.
There is a detailed list of features on the sipXecs IP PBX Wiki (it is too long to re-produce here). Here is why you should consider using sipXecs.
- You need an IP PBX that is robust, stable and easy to use
- Need a system that offers plug & play management of all the components including phones and gateways
- You are interested in standards based SIP trunking with NAT traversal that makes it unnecessary to buy an additional SBC
- It is a mission critical system and therefore you insist in high-availability redundant configuration. A server failure should not interrupt calls
- Voice quality is important to you and therefore you want a system that routes media peer-to-peer and not through the PBX
- HD Voice and video are attractive and you would like to be able to use it without limiting the total number of active calls
- SIP standards compliance that allows flexible call routing including SIP trunking site-to-site or to an ITSP
- Need scalability - sipXecs is known to work for deployments in excess of 5,000 users connected to one redundant server
- Lots of features - of course, who does not want that
- Unlimited number of simultaneous calls, and unlimited number of trunks using distributed gateways
- How about business process integration using Web Services such as SOAP and REST? sipXecs is a system that is fully Web 2.0 based
- Need IT integration with no special needs for specific HW. Runs on off-the-shelf x86 or Power PC (PPC) servers as a 32 bit or 64 bit application, Fedora, CentOS or OpenSUSE Linux
- You run other Microsoft applications like Active Directory and Exchange and want your IP PBX to integrate with them
Key capabilities of the sipXecs IP PBX include:
Fully featured Unified Communications system: sipXecs is a complete IP PBX applications that has all the features you would expect from a unified communications solution.
Ease of installation: A complete sipXecs system with phones and everything installs in hours and not days or weeks, guaranteed. It runs on any standard server without the need for any special hardware.
Easy to use: No need to get expert help. With sipXecs you will be self-sufficient for all adds, moves and changes. Typically a receptionist is capable of managing the system. There are no hidden configuration files or other things that require a specialist.
Plug & play management of everything: One - two - three clicks and you just configured a new user with a phone. The phones are auto-discovered and as soon as they are connected to the LAN pick up configuration from sipXecs and come up configured. No messing around with phone or gateway configuration ever again.
All features included: For the 3.10 release alone we added more than 170 new features.
SIP Trunking and Remote Workers: sipXecs provides a SIP trunking gateway with an optionally redundant media relay for media anchoring (which is necessary to traverse NAT). Is able to auto-detect and compensate for both far-end and near-end NATs of different types, typically making it unnecessary to buy an additional SBC
Conferencing: sipXecs now provides a voice conferencing server that is based on FreeSWITCH, fully integrated with sipXecs. It offers high performance conferencing with support for HD Voice. Every user on the system gets a personal conference bridge with dynamic Web based user controls.
Redundancy and scalability: sipXecs is unique in that it offers full load-sharing redundancy for the call control system. A server failure will not cause calls to be interrupted. sipXecs is architected as a distributed system. It scales by simply adding hardware. Need more capacity for your call center ACD application? Run it on separate hardware or add a second ACD server.
Trunk redundancy and failover: sipXecs uses external gateways for a reason. External gateways offer flexible deployment options including trunk failover and redundancy. Gateways can be deployed anywhere on the network including in different locations. You can add as many trunk lines you need not limited by how many PCI cards fit into a server chassis. Media processing does not load your CPU and media is routed peer-to-peer from the phone directly to the gateway. Gateways are plug & play managed and easy to deploy.
Interoperability: sipXecs is a truly SIP standards compliant system using native SIP call control. It is a SIP router that interoperates in a large network and routes calls. Many of the sipXecs developers actively participate in the IETF effort to standardize SIP and have authored or co-authored many of the standards.
Localization: sipXecs can be easily localized using uploadable language packs. Language packs include voice prompts, full UI translation, local dialplans and region specific call progress tone settings.
Better voice quality: sipXecs routes media peer-to-peer and not through the sipXecs server. This has many key advantages among them better voice quality, unlimited number of simultaneous calls, unlimited video calls, works with any codec supported by the end-points, and the PBX is no a single point of failure which allows load-sharing redundancy.
Web Services, SOA, and IT integration: sipXecs offers many interfaces. It is designed to integrate into an advanced IT environment including Web Services based on SOAP or REST for all configuration. sipXecs includes integration with Microsoft AD and Exchange.